Everybody has WhatsApp these days. As of July 2017 it has a whopping 1.3 million active users.
It’s easy to download the app on your phone or use WhatsApp web on your computer, but on an iPad it’s slightly trickier.
There’s no official WhatsApp app for iPads, which means you have to use some sneaky (but easy) methods to get it.
You do need a smartphone to get WhatsApp on your iPad, as the two must be linked. However, as long as you have an account on your phone, you should be able to get on no trouble.
Get on WhatsApp on an iPad
- Open Safari on your iPad.
- Type into the address bar web.whatsapp.com
- You’ll be directed to the WhatsApp homepage since you’re visiting on a mobile browser.
- To switch to the desktop version hold the refresh button and click Request Desktop Site.
- You should see a QR code.
- When you open WhatsApp on your phone, go to settings and then WhatsApp Web, and scan the QR code that’s on your iPad screen.
- Then, you’re good to go.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to see notifications once you come out of Safari, but all your messages should appear as normal otherwise.