Both iPhone and iPad offer a handy feature called Bedtime to help you get the right amount of sleep. Follow along for how to setup Bedtime on iOS.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
Bedtime doesn’t specifically track the quality of your sleep, but it does offer some useful benefits like giving you reminders before it’s time to go to bed and automatically sets alarms for you. In addition to being able to customize your sleep schedule for certain days of the week, data from Bedtime is automatically imported into the Health app.
For more on actively tracking your sleep with Apple Watch, check out our coverage of Sleep++ 3.
iPhone & iPad: How to setup Bedtime on iOS and get more sleep
- Open Clock and tap Bedtime in the bottom middle part of your screen
- Tap Get Started
- Set your wake up time and days of the week
- Set how many hours of sleep you’d like to get each night
- Choose when you’d like a reminder and your alarm ringtone
- Tap Save in the top right corner
If you’ve previously used Bedtime before:
- Tap the toggle in the top right corner to turn Bedtime on for iPhone (toggle is in the middle of the screen on iPad)
- Slide the moon and bell icon to adjust your sleep and wake times
- Tap Options in the top left corner to customize Bedtime further
Here’s how the process looks:
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: