SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Malwarebytes™, the leading advanced malware prevention and remediation solution, announced today the release of Malwarebytes for iOS. The release continues the company’s commitment to provide true, multi-platform protection and includes four powerful security features to make users’ mobile experiences faster, safer and more private. The software is free with additional premium features available via in-app subscription and is available for download from the Apple App Store.
“Our customers rely on Malwarebytes solutions to keep them safe and we’re excited to offer a new product to help protect against scams and other annoyances that target their iOS devices,” said Thomas Reed, director of Mac and Mobile at Malwarebytes. “We are pleased to be able to deliver a unique mobile product that goes far beyond simple browsing protection. This new offering is the only iOS security software that combines protection from fraudulent calls, scam texts and malicious websites in one convenient app, while also blocking intrusive ads and ad trackers that invade your privacy.”
Four Key Security Benefits in One Trusted Application
- Premium Version (30-day free trial period, then $1.49 per month or $11.99 per year – based on user’s choice of subscription)
- Blocks malicious sites with Web Protection, protecting users from phishing and fraudulent destinations, online scams and other web-borne threats while in Safari.
- Call Protection provides caller-ID warnings or blocks incoming calls from known and suspected scammers including ‘spoofed’ calls that make their number appear similar to yours. Users can be confident in answering the calls that matter, while skipping the fraudulent calls that don’t.
- Premium and Free Versions
- Ad Blocking blocks intrusive ads in Safari. The application also offers protection from ad trackers which watch and log a user’s online history and behavior. As a result, users may browse the Internet with fewer distractions, faster load times and greater privacy.
- With Malwarebytes for iOS, users can easily ignore suspicious texts with Text Message Filtering. The application forwards fraudulent texts from known scammers or texts containing phishing links to a resident junk folder, minimizing invasive and annoying text spam and letting users focus on the messages that matter most.
The current app and its full set of features and functionality are optimized for iPhone customers, but iPad and iPod users can take advantage of Web Protection and Ad Blocking in the application for a safer, faster internet experience while in Safari. Future updates will include user interface improvements intended for iPad and iPod users.
Users starting a Premium subscription will be charged through their iTunes account at the end of the free 30-day trial period. Annual and monthly subscription rates are available at $1.49 per month or $11.99 per year. Subscriptions will automatically renew at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Users can manage their subscription or turn off auto-renewal after purchase in their Account Settings within iTunes.
For further details on Malwarebytes for iOS please visit: https://www.malwarebytes.com/ios/. You can also download the app from the iTunes store by clicking here.
Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. Malwarebytes completely replaces antivirus with artificial intelligence-powered technology that stops cyberattacks before they can compromise home computers and business endpoints. More than 60,000 businesses and millions of people worldwide trust and recommend Malwarebytes solutions. Our team of threat researchers and security experts process emerging and established threats every day, from all over the globe. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit us at http://www.malwarebytes.com/.
Malwarebytes founder and CEO Marcin Kleczynski started the company to create the best disinfection and protection solutions to combat the world’s most harmful Internet threats. The market continues to recognize Marcin’s advancements in cybersecurity with the recent recognition as “CEO of the Year” in the Global Excellence awards. He has also been named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 Rising Stars of Enterprise Technology list and received both the Silicon Valley Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 and Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year awards.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Malwarebytes
Follow us on Twitter: @malwarebytes https://twitter.com/malwarebytes
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/malwarebytes
See us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/malwarebytes
Read our latest Malwarebytes Labs blog: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/malwarebytes-introduces-malwarebytes-for-ios-300679049.html