PUBG on PC is currently down, with the server status offline for several hours whilst the developers set to work releasing the games latest update.
The game is scheduled to be offline on PC for around four hours lasting until roughly 4.30am GMT. However, it’s not unknown for downtime to last longer than usual.
Writing on the official PUBG Twitter account, the developers said:
“PC Players: Live server maintenance has started and is expected to last 4 hours. Multiple bug fixes will be included with the completion of maintenance. Read the additional changes which have been added to the Update #24 patch notes here”
Thankfully, in the meantime fans can peruse the games latest update #24 Patch Notes which have also been released.
Primarily this deals with the debut of the new 6×6 snow-themed map, Vikendi.
Keep reading for the full patch notes, which follow the introductory message from the bluehole team just below.
Winter has arrived. With Update #24, we’re debuting something we’ve been eager to share with you for months; our new 6×6 snow-themed map, Vikendi! An isolated Northern resort island in the shadow of Mount Kreznic, Vikendi was home to a wide variety of attractions, businesses, and villages. Look to the future from the spacecraft launch site Cosmodrome or travel back to the past and walk with the giants at the prehistoric Dino Park. Visit the aging Castle or take a tour of the winery. Vikendi is as beautiful as it is dangerous and Survivors treading these bitter cold lands will have to watch their backs even more closely as the fresh snow is perfect for leaving behind footprints! The days are long on Vikendi, but it won’t be long before the sun sets and the auroras fill the moonlit skies.
We feel Vikendi is a mixture of all the best parts of our previous maps and we can’t wait to hear your feedback. But that’s not everything coming in this patch! We’re also introducing two brand new items exclusive to the map; the G36C Assault Rifle (which replaces the SCAR on Vikendi) and the Snowmobile to navigate its icy terrain. We’ve also completed an overhaul to our in-game replay system, putting you in the director’s chair to edit clips, create 3D camera movements, and export your work so show the world your best PUBG productions! Coming later in the patch is our overhaul to the Parachuting system, which allows you to glide or dive during freefall, improves animations, and also lets you cut your chute before hitting the ground.
As always, your feedback is essential to our continued development and we especially need your input at times like these. Once you’ve played the map, please take the time to let us know what you think on our Official Forums or Reddit. We know you’ve waited a long time for this map, so without further ado, onto the patch notes!
Survivor Pass: Vikendi
The official Survivor Pass: Vikendi microsite is now live, check it out!
- Added Survivor Pass: Vikendi
- The duration of the pass is 10 weeks.
- Players have the opportunity to complete missions and receive rewards throughout the duration of the pass.
- Two types of passes are available:
- Survivor Pass: Vikendi – Provides missions and rewards to unlock for all players, as they level-up the pass.
- Premium Pass – Provides special missions and exclusive rewards to players who’ve purchased the premium pass, as they level-up the pass.
- The Premium Pass is purchasable for $9.99 (price may vary slightly depending on your region)
- Each level you can claim rewards from Survivor Pass: Vikendi in the Rewards tab and also claim Coupons by clicking on the ‘Drop In Supply’ button.
- Coupons can be used to unlock exclusive rewards, read on for more details
- You can view your current mission lists in the ‘Missions’ tab and can also check the mission lists in-game by clicking ‘P’ prior to jumping out of the plane
- There are 5 mission types available to complete
- Daily Missions: 3 missions will be provided every day. You swap out up to 1 mission per day.
- Weekly Missions: 10 missions will be available every week, and you can view the missions for specific weeks.
- Premium Pass holders can complete up to 10 missions per week and all players with Survivor Pass: Vikendi can complete up to 4 missions.
- Beginner Missions: Easy missions which are provided for beginner players.
- Premium Missions: All players can complete these missions, but only players who have the Premium Pass can claim rewards after completion.
- Challenge Missions: Theses are special missions provided for players who’ve completed all their weekly missions in a specific week. It contains more challenging and advanced missions.
- All players can complete Challenge Missions, but only players who have the Premium Pass can claim rewards after completion.
Added ‘Coupon’ system in Survivor Pass: Vikendi
- You can claim Coupons (Blue, Yellow and White) each level, which you can then use to unlock exclusive items in the Coupon Shop.
- The existing Survival Rewards system will be integrated with Survivor Pass: Vikendi on December 19th.
- We have integrated the existing Survival Rewards system into Survivor Pass: Vikendi in order to reflect feedback from the players regarding temporary items and duplicate rewards.
- Existing Survival Rewards system will be closed on December 19, 2018 and all existing supply missions will end.
- Make sure to click ‘Claim’ and ‘Drop In Supply’ to redeem rewards before the system is closed.
- A banner in lobby will display remaining time for the Survival Rewards system.
New Weapon: G36C
Added a new AR – G36C
- G36C spawns only in Vikendi
- Chambered for 5.56mm ammo, it can load 30 bullets and 40 with an Extended Magazine
- G36C has a lower and upper rail for attachments, but cannot attach a stock
New Vehicle: Snowmobile
Added a new vehicle – Snowmobile
- The Snowmobile only spawns in Vikendi
- It seats 2 players and performs much better than other vehicles on snow and ice, but is more difficult to drive on other terrain.
Added a Replay editor system
- This system allows you to create dynamic video clips with creative camera angles and special effects using your replay files
- You can also create 3D paths for the camera and camera angles and export clips
- Guide & Tutorial of the replay editor system will be updated later.
- Improved the character animations used in the air.
- Character movements are much more fluid and have been improved to be more realistic.
Parachute System Overhaul
Please share your feedback regarding the parachuting changes!
- Holding SPRINT [Default SHIFT] now puts you into a dive at full speed straight down towards the ground
- Turning speed is now much faster and has increased control, responsiveness, and precision
- Added new freefall animations and increased overall control and responsiveness
- Holding SPRINT [Default SHIFT] helps you drop faster and land quicker
- Holding WALK [Default LCTRL] lets you glide, when you want to travel a longer distance
You can now cut the parachute while relatively close to the ground, while still moving through the air.
- This can be used to strategically to get to your drop point faster, but be careful, as you can take damage if you drop too far
- Added new landing animations
- The speed in which you land matters, as landing too fast may force your character to roll, or roll for longer, before you can gain full control of your movement
- Colliding with buildings or objects while parachuting will now automatically cut your parachute. Be careful!
- The parachute no longer disappears instantly after landing
- Improved blood hit effects
- Improved the visuals of blood particles when players are shot.
- Improved the visuals of blood effects that appear on screen when shot by other players.
- Slightly decreased the maximum number of shots possible to fire per second with the M16A4
- The reason for this change was due to the fire-rate of burst mode for the M16A4 being unintentionally slower than single fire shot rapidly
- We are planning to have a weapon balance patch in the first half of 2019. Please continue to share your feedback with us regarding weapon balance
- Adjusted the sight position to be closer to the muzzle for some weapons
- In a future update, we will be adding a new attachment which will require this new sight position, so we’ve made the change in advance to help players adjust to the change
- There is no change to weapon recoil, but weapon control may be perceived differently due to the sight location change
- Players now receive damage from Molotovs that hit their vehicle
- Molotovs that hit around the vehicle, or when driven through an already-exploded molotov will not damage those inside