By the time Friday the 29th of November 2019 comes around, you’ll probably already be sick of the sound of Black Friday. In the same way that supermarkets start to stack the shelves with mince pies in September, online retailers begin to invoke Black Friday/Cyber Monday months ahead of the actual event.
In this new series of guides, KitGuru will be analysing many of the country’s top retailers and – using our editorial judgement – we will be highlighting the very best deals for you. Today we will be focusing on the deals that come up around the ‘Back to College’ period in September, where many students will be buying their first systems using their own money. So what criteria will we be taking into account when highlighting these offers?
- Product quality– there is no point in buying weak products, even if they are offered at low, low prices.
- MSRP VS offer pricing– how much did the product cost at launch and how much does it cost now? We’re looking for significant price drops.
- Availability– each deal listed was ‘in stock’ at the time of publishing.
You have spent the year looking at KitGuru’s in-depth reviews and ‘Best Of’ guide for buying advice. Now we’re aiming to make things easier again by scouring the web for the very best ‘Back to College’ deals.
Popular choice for professionals and gamers alike. ASUS has a full range of back to school season deals over here, but here are some specific offers we’ve picked out:
– TUF FX505DT at only £639 (down from £799) with GTX 1650 graphics, 120Hz display and Ryzen R5 processor with 4 cores/8 threads.
– Zephyrus GA502 now only £979 (down from £1,249) that has 16GB of memory, a 512GB SSD and GTX1660Ti graphics with a 120Hz display.
The Aero 15 picked up the EHA award for best laptop in 2019, so it’s good to see some deals from Gigabyte’s laptop division – especially for higher spec models.
– Aorus 15-SA with an i7 processor, 512GB SSD, 16GB memory , 1660Ti graphics and 144Hz screen for £1,449 (down from £1,699)
– Aero 15W down a whopping £500 to just £1,479 with a 144Hz screen, i7 CPU and GTX 1060 graphics processor.
Known for their 30 year history in building desktop PCs, they currently have a number of deals on tier 1 laptop brands like Lenovo and HP, including:
– Lenovo V145 with a 480GB SSD, 8GB of system memory, full HD screen and Radeon Graphics at just £299
– HP 250 at only £479 with an i5 processor, 256GB M.2 SSD and full HD screen.
Having set the stage for the ‘Creator Laptop’ back at IFA 2018, as well as a solid history with gaming on the go, MSI is now offering a number of deals, including:
– PS42 that weighs 1.19Kg while offering an i5 processor, 256GB SSD and 14″ screen for only £799
– GF63 which includes a GTX1650 graphics processor, thin bezel display and i5 9300 CPU at a discounted price of £899 (normally £1,049)
The UK’s largest local system builder has a couple of desktop deals that might interest students heading off to college, including:
– Tornado R3 with Ryzen 3200G processor and GTX 1050 graphics booting from an SSD with a 1TB data drive at £619
– Tornado R5 with the popular Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and an Nvidia GTX1660 graphics card at £849
KitGuru says: Whether your looking for a famous name laptop or desktop gaming PC, from £299 to £1,479 – one of these 10 bargains must surely capture your interest? We’re planning more of these ‘Bargain Hunter’ articles – so if you have a suggestion about which markets/sectors we should focus on – let us know. Don’t forget to check out our BEST OF section for a list of the best products in the market today – click here for details!
Become a Patron!